Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I'm leaving on Saturday!

Hi team. It's 7:00 in the morning and I've been up since... 4:30? I really hope I get over this jet-lag before I get to Costa Rica. I leave Saturday morning.  I'm excited and nervous. It just hit me that YO NO HABLO ESPANOL! Can't get the ñ to work in caps lock. Oops. Either way, welcome to my new blog which I hope to keep up while studying abroad in Costa Rica. I'm working on a packing list, which is full of definites (Computer, ISA Paperwork, Flip flops) and questions (Power adaptor? Sunscreen? Credit card?). Oh gosh I have a lot to do. 

The email I will be checking most often is eleanorlawson@gmail.com so you can reach me there.

Goals: I would like to learn to communicate effectively in Spanish, make friends with my host family and as many people as possible, learn about Tropical Design and Architecture and Latin American Architectural History, get better at salsa, tango, cha cha and other Latin dances, keep in touch with friends and family back home, and... do something new and unexpected.

That's it for now, thanks for reading and check back often!

El

No comments: